Monday, March 17, 2008

another weekend come and gone

Well this weekend had a lot of highs and lows. On the high side I got to go out Friday night, it was not the most exciting time but at least I got to have it away from the kids with good friends as company. I got all my easter shopping done which is a feat with 4 kids to buy for. Saturday was not that good with Dominics wrestling tournament. He just did not look like himself. I dont know if it was nerves or what but he did not have his best day. But on the brighter side in Dominics age and weight group is a kid named John who has been to the national tournament (awesome wrestler) well his Dad told Dominic after he was done how he had been watching him a season and know he is good wrestler and has a lot of potential. Dominic is the only person I have noticed at any tourament John's Dad calling aside to talk to and this was the second time he has done it with Dominic. I know you may be thinking well he is just trying to make him feel better but that is not how it is in wrestling, Dad's usually only pull you aside if they truly feel what they are saying is true. So for Dominic to have a dad who kid has been to nationals pull you aside is like a major thing. Well that was Saturday on Sunday I called my mom and dad's house like I do almost every day to find out that my cousin has died. His name is Bobby and he is only 40 years old. The unofficial word is he had a heart attack. He has two children and a wife. I did not know him very well but it still makes me sad. I wish everybody could live till at least 90 and watch their kids and grandkids grow up. Makes you realize how short life is. Later in the day on Sunday Rob had to leave to go out of town again. His flight was ontime and everything was going good until one guy on the plane made a bad comment which turned into everybody being evacuated from the plane and bomb sniffing dogs being brought on and the guy who made the comment being taken into custody. I dont know if that guy did not realize how serious they are about security or what, I bet from now on he will watch what he says and where. It Monday another weekend come and gone.

No comments: